Drive Shaft Servicing in Grande Prairie
Our extensive services in the Grande Prairie area include drive shaft repairs and replacements. At Northern Automatic Grande Prairie we have been in the drive shaft servicing business for over 45 years, so you can rest assured that you will get top-quality work.
What is a Drive Shaft?
The drive shaft is a very important part of the vehicle that transmits power from the engine to the front, rear, or both the front and rear of the vehicle. Two-wheel drive vehicles have only one drive shaft while four-wheel-drive vehicles usually have two drive shafts.
It is very important to get any drive shaft problems fixed as soon as possible. Here are some of the signs that your drive shaft might need servicing:
- Clanking sounds when accelerating or when switching into drive or reverse
- Squeaking sounds when driving normally
- Constant vibration when driving normally
- Turning problems
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is likely that there is a problem with your drive shaft and you should get it inspected as soon as possible by a professional at our shop. We have the experience to quickly analyze your drive shaft issue and complete speedy and high-quality repairs at an affordable price.
The Importance of Drive Shaft Maintenance
Over time, drive shafts can get damaged and will begin to put excessive pressure on other components of the vehicle, which in turn can cause a lot of damage and lead to a much larger repair bill. If the driveshaft stops working completely, there won’t be any power behind the wheels, and the vehicle won’t be able to drive at all.
Drive Shaft Tips
- When you replace your drive shaft you should also have the other components inspected.
- After replacing your drive shaft you should ensure that the U-joints are well-lubricated.
- For many vehicles it is less costly to replace the entire drive shaft than to replace a single part.
- If your vehicle’s height has been altered its drive shaft is more likely to get damaged.